Friday 3 August 2012

Bryant wins bronze!!!

BRILLIANT: Karina Bryant claims her first Olympic Games medal in the +78kg judoTo claim Team GB’s second judo medal of the Game, Bryant beat Ukrainian Iryna Kindzerska.Bryant who is going to retire after this years Olympics is not planning to participate in 2016 after enjoying her experience at the ExCel.

“You know I'm not sure this will definitely be my last Games,” said Bryant.

“I really felt I had unfinished business. I've had an amazing career and now I have this medal and I don't want to focus on what happens after this. I won't rule out Rio just yet.

"It's not sunk in yet – I've dreamt of getting a medal since I was a kid and I couldn't ask for a better stage than this.

“I'm over the moon and lost for words. I'm just trying to keep my head together.

"The crowd have been absolutely amazing. When you're in a match, you try and keep focused but at the same time, it's great to have the crowd behind you.

"The rest of the team have been fantastic. We've got some great players – Gemma Gibbons had an absolutely amazing game yesterday for her first Olympic Games experience.

“She was a complete underdog and it made me so emotional. I was definitely inspired, but also a little nervous."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment