Wednesday 5 January 2011

Tom Daley planning for disaster at London Olympics 2012


The 16-year-old double Commonwealth champion is currently with the group of 12 top British athletes consisting of world silver medallist gymnast Louis Smith who have become part of BMW’s London 2012 Performance Team.

They will get backing from the car giant and London 2012 sponsor, including use of a car to help with training in the run-up to the Games.

Tom Delay made his Olympic debut in 2008 and had been world champion in 2009 said: ‘My mindset going into Beijing was to get experience but with 2012 I want to do some damage.

'It is no secret I’m looking to win a gold medal at London 2012 but what I do in the run-up to the Games is as important as what I do on the day.

'There is always pressure. There always has been. I’ve got used to it and have done from an early age.’

No comments:

Post a Comment